The School is open to any student entitled to attend school per ORC Section 3313.64 or 3313.65. The School will not discriminate in admission; will not exceed the capacity of the School’s programs, classes, grade levels or facilities; and shall admit students by lottery if the number of applicants exceeds the School’s capacity (see below).
Open Enrollment for the new school year will begin on April 1st of each year. Students living within the City of Dayton are eligible for enrollment. Enrollment forms are obtained from the School, and only one proof of residency (POR) is required for each child. Children will be admitted to kindergarten if they will turn 5 years of age on or before September 30th of the year of admittance. Enrollment is conducted on a first come first served basis. Children who attend the School one year will have first priority to attend the school the next year.
If there are more applicants than there are spaces, a lottery will be conducted in the following manner:
- Each applicant will be assigned a number;
- The numbers will then be drawn at random by a disinterested third party;
- The first number drawn will be the first new applicant placed on a permanent waiting list and so on until all numbers are drawn;
- Applicants on a permanent waiting list prior to any lottery will retain their position on the waiting list;
- The school may separate the lottery and the waiting lists for each grade or age grouping;
- Students attending the previous year will have preference for a position in the current year, even though they may be in a different age or grade group;
- Siblings may be given preference for the next open position.